Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shared Calendar Permission Not Applying!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Calendar Permission Not Applying!

Afternoon all!

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a problem that I have encountered whilst setting up a shared calendar in Outlook 2003 ... I have done the usual Google searches, but to no avail!

A member of staff would like to share her calendar with every other member of staff in our organisation and restrict access so that users only have permission to view the data. So I have shared her calendar and made the 'default' profile a 'reviewer' ... However if I try accessing the calendar as someone else I can still modify, create and delete entries in her calendar!

I have also tried setting the 'default' profile to 'none' and adding staff names to the list, giving them 'reviewer' rights. Again, if I log on as someone in the list I have full access! The permissions list still says 'reviewer' ... What am I doing wrong?

I'm not too hot when it comes to Outlook/Exchange - I'm learning as I go - So any information is much appreciated! I have also tried using Public Folders etc with no luck ... We're using Outlook 2003 (Office Pro) on XP Pro based machines with Exchange 2003.

Help!

Cheers!

Kris

Re: Shared Calendar Permission Not Applying!

Your permissions are likely coming from further up the tree. Are you a domain admin/ent admin/exchange admin? What version of Exchange are you running?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks for the reply ... I am the domain/Exchange admin and we are currently running Exchange 2003 Version 6.5.7226.0

Cheers!

Kris

Comment

Are you specifically trying to remove you rights to full access then?
        If you want to test a normal user just log on with a test account and try that. Your account has more permissions because of its role. Probably the best thing to do is create yourself a standard account and use that for everything apart from admin tasks. This way you can test your access to things without the added problems of additional admin group membership.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

I tried creating a 'test user' on a laptop with no success, but have tried again on another and it now seems to work! Excellent - Thanks! Just another quick question ... When I open up the shared calendar as someone else, it is a little slow in scrolling through. It keeps freezing and saying 'Obtaining data from Exchange Server', sometimes freezing completely. Would the use of public folders solve this?

Cheers!

+1 for your rep!

Comment

Make sure you exchange is fully patched inc the server updates
            Make sure your DNS etc is all setup and working correctly. (Use dcdiag and netdiag to get reports).
            Check your NICs are the correct speed and duplex at the client/switch ends

Public folders would likely show the same issue unless the calendar you are accessing is huge because they are all held on the same server (unless you have lots of them around).
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X