• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 - Problem contacting an Exchange server

Details:
    Exchange 2007 on win2k3 server
    Desktop running WinXP SP2 with Office 2007 Pro fully updated

User uninstalled a document management client application that we no longer use and since that time Outlook on her computer appears to be corrupt.

When opening her profile in Outlook, it says that Outlook is offline, and fails to go online. Creating a new profile goes through "Establish network connection", Search for <[email protected]> server settings", and then fails on "Log on to server" using the autoconfig function in Outlook/Exchange. Her email account works fine on other desktops.

Tried doing a remove/reinstall of Outlook, tried the repair function in Office, uninstalled Outlook, deleted her local outlook settings in her Windows profile, reinstalled Outlook, all to no avail.

Google hasn't turned up any good ways to force a total clean install of Outlook that I can find and I'm to the point of rebuilding the desktop.

One oddity is that when the Microsoft Exchange window pops up showing Microsoft Exchange server and Mailbox fields, it shows "=SMTP:" with the [email protected] in the Mailbox field even though we are using MAPI. Clicking Check Name reports that the server can't be contacted.

I've verified that DNS is working properly and there are no firewall issues between the client and server (flat network, client firewall is turned off).

Unfortunately System Restore was turned off before this started so I can't roll the system back.

Re: Outlook 2007 - Problem contacting an Exchange server

Do you have issues with this user on another machine? Have you tried re-creating the windows profile as well?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Outlook 2007 - Problem contacting an Exchange server

Her email account works fine on other PC's, so it's specific to her computer. No I haven't tried a new local profile. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X