Outlook goes into offline mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook goes into offline mode

An Outlook 2003 client goes into offline mode cause of some problems to reach server. Even though the server after some time gets up-and-running the Outlook client is still in offline mode. According to documentation the Outlook client should be able to discover that the server is back again and connect to it (hence switching to connected mode). Currently this kind of situations causes users to believe that they have no new mail (they will first see them when manually switching back to connected mode).

Thanks in advance

Re: Outlook goes into offline mode

Are there firewalls on your client/server or between the two?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

This happens only when users are trying to connect using public IP using WIFI connection.
      THe user do not use a VPN, but uses RPC over http concept to access outlook. SHould that be something to do with external vendor i guess. or do we have something to confirm internally .

Comment

It could just be flaky connections but try right clicking the outlook icon with ctrl held down and selecting connection status. Do you have a lot of fails?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
          It could just be flaky connections but try right clicking the outlook icon with ctrl held down and selecting connection status. Do you have a lot of fails?
          this should help you to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by cemarzu View Post
            this should help you to fix it
            Did you mean to add something to that post?
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your response and suggestion , it really worked to find the root cause. it was the problem with the ISP provider, when trying to connect from outside.

My special thanks to Andy & Cemarzu

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                Did you mean to add something to that post?
                no Dear Wired,
                i had simular issues with that and i fixed that with this way, as you can see the vinu_casper even thanked for that, again i think this is not allowed here, sorry

Comment

Working...
                X