Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help moving personal settings in Outlook 2003?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help moving personal settings in Outlook 2003?

Hello,

I just setup a new PC for a user and allowed Outlook 2003 to sync with the server to build the profile/OST file.

Now the user is asking how come when she starts typing in the TO: field it doesn't make suggestions anymore.

This happens always happens when I give people new workstations, because it is a new profile I am just wondering if I can do something different.

Thanks

Re: Help moving personal settings in Outlook 2003?

You will need to find the NK2 file in their old profile and move it to the same location in the new one, making sure the name is updated to match the new profile

i.e. oldprofilename.nk2 --> newprofilename.nk2
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

That worked perfect, thanks.

Comment

No problem -- glad to help!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X