• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive Appears to be Successful but Nothing Actually Archives

Windows 2003 Server Standard
    Exchange 2003 Server
    Outlook 2007

Hi There, I am having a problem with one mailbox which I can't seem to archive. When an archive is run it creates the PST file ok (no errors but takes about 2 seconds) but all it contains are the folders for the mail box. Unfortunately the folders are all empty. I have tried running the archive with and without cached Exchange mode and from multiple desktops. I am able to successfully archive other mail boxes.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve

Re: Archive Appears to be Successful but Nothing Actually Archives

Have to ask but it isn't something simple like the mailbox doesn't contain any mails within the time period you specified?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Andy,

Thanks for asking that. It wouldn't be the first time I have done something like that (like the time I couldn't figure out why Exchange databases wouldn't mount when the setting was turned on for "do not mount information store"). In this case however I did check this and there appear to be a number of items prior to the chosen date.

Steve

Comment

Keep in mind when you archive, it goes based upon the MODIFIED date, not the received date.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Good point Wired. If the mailbox was exmerged, for example, I think that changes the modified date.
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I eventually changed the archive date from Jan 1, 2007 to Dec 31, 2006 and the archive was successful. At this point I am assuming there was a corrupt object on Jan 1, 2007 which would cause the archive to fail without reporting an error.

Comment

Might be worth turning on the logging just in case it shows more?
              http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...742661033.aspx
              cheers
              Andy

Comment

Working...
              X