Wants office 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wants office 2003

I want 5 pieces of office 2003. Can some one let me know from where i can get it.

Re: Wants office 2003

You can no longer get Office 2003 OEM nor as retail boxed product. To get Office 2003, you need to go via the volume licencing method where you get an agreement number on the eOpen site. What you have to do is buy 5 Office 2007 licences on eOpen and then they give you the choice of EITHER 2003 or 2007 (or a mixture of both). But only up to the number you bought.

https://eopen.microsoft.com/

You need a Microsoft passport to login to the eOpen site. There, you add the numbers that your supplier sells you and then you will see the Office 2007 and 2003 licence numbers.

The licence number for this is the same for all 5, i.e. you do not get 5 different licence numbers. It is on your trust not to install it more than 5 times.

You can add single licences to the agreement if you grow by 1 or 2 but this ability to add single licences lasts only for 2 years. Where you see an expiry of 2 years, that's what it means, NOT that the licences are ony for 2 years. The licences are for ever.

You cannot get Student or Basic editions of Office 2003 on volume licencing, so you have to get at least Pro.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Re: Wants office 2003

Hi,

You sent me a private message asking about eBay sellers. For the benefit of other forum users, it is best to post conversations to the thread so that others can benefit from the discussion.

To answer your question about whether to buy OEM or retail box from eBay, the answer has to be that you should not buy OEM as it is illegal to install that unless you buy it with new computer equipment.

Some folk believe it is possible to get around this by buying a RAM chip as well as OEM software, and that counts as buying new computer equipment. I do not know if that would be acceptable to FAST so I do not risk that way.

Retail box, providing you are sure the seller is reputable, is OK. Remember though that it can be activated twice, so if the seller has activated it, and then sells it, the software will install on your PC and then it will activate, but that does not mean it is legal.

The risk is yours!
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
      X