Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging into the Exchange 2003 server using RPC over HTTP/S

Hello,

I have an Exchange 2003 server that is hosting e-mail for three different, external domains. The internal domain is (by way of example) mydomain.local and the external domains are externaldomain1.com, externaldomain2.com and externaldomain3.com. I've already setup the recipient policy and the domains will send and receive e-mail for the appropriate domains, so that' no problem. I have also configured the Exchange 2003 server to use RCP over HTTP/s and that works well. My question is about logging into the Exchange server when Outlook is launched.

When Outlook is launched they are required to enter the full, internal domain user name (i.e., [email protected]l) and the password. The box to remember the username and password doesn't save the login from one login to the next. Also, in the case of the external domains, the users seem to have a problem with not entering the domain to which they are receiving their e-mail (i.e. myexternaldomain1.com).

My question is... is there a way to cause Outlook to remember the username and password from one login to the next? This would make it much simpler for the external users to mentally track.

Thanks,

Roger
Working...
X