NDR's for Public Folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDR's for Public Folders

We have several mail-enabled Public Folders which send and receive email (internal and external) with no issues. Users have "Send As" permissions for some of the PF's as part of their job function and on occassion there will be an invalid email address entered into the To: field. My question is where do the NDR's go when sending "From" the Public Folder? I have tested by purposely sending to an invalid address with the Public Folder in the "From:" field but I never receive an NDR either in the PF or my Inbox but Messaging Tracking states an NDR was generated. The desired outcome would be that the NDR is delivered to the Public Folder so the Users know the email did not reach the intended recipient.

Thanks, Dan

Re: NDR's for Public Folders

They are probably going to the mailbox configured on the messages tab of the properties of the smtp virtual server.

Comment

No mailbox is configured for sending copies of the NDR's. I checked the Badmail and Queue folders and they are not there either. Any other ideas?

Comment

After additional research and assistance I found the following KB article that describes the issue I am having.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900088

Comment

Working...
        X