Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescheduling Outlook Calendar Meetings creates duplicate meetings

Hi,

We are currently having an issue affecting a number of our users where when a meeting is re-scheduled in the Outlook Calendar the old meeting entry isn't been removed from the calendar leaving a duplicate Calendar entry in both the old and new meeting times. We are using Exchange 2003 and a mixture of Outlook 2003 and 2007. Though only Outlook 2003 users have reported experiencing this issue up to yet.

The users are re-scheduling the meeting, by opening the meeting changing the Date \ Time, then clicking on the send update button.

Has anybody else come across this issue?

Thanks

Dale

Re: Rescheduling Outlook Calendar Meetings creates duplicate meetings

Dale,

I have recently come across this issue as well. We are using a mixture of Outlook clients as well, but are using Exchange 2007 as our server.

The error we are having is that when people update the time or location in a meeting it is not updating the invitees correctly. They are getting an updated meeting request, but it does not update the meeting. This creates a new meeting, and leaves the original still existing.
    Our issue is random and only some users are experiencing it, but we do have an outlook 2007 and 2003 user confirmed to be having issues.

Haven't found anything to fix yet, but will update if I do.

thanks
    -t

Comment

I am on a similar setup here in North Carolina and am also experiencing this issue. It looks to be something fairly new and unanswered as of yet. Only one out of ~1000 users has reported this, but he's at the director level and uses Outlook intensely. Has anyone else found a solution yet?

Comment

I have 2 users with the same problem. Still unable to find a solution.

Comment

I have encountered this issue with 2 separate companies and one of them being Mugran Stanley. As noted whenever an update is placed in a meeting instead of redoing the meeting it is creating duplicates. At my new position so far only 1 users has noted it happening to them but it's definitely a glitch in outlook. Any ideas yet been floated around?

Comment

I hope this help. It worked for both users that were having this problem.

TOOLS > OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > EMAIL OPTIONS > TRACKING OPTIONS and turn OFF PROCESS RECEIPTS AND REQUESTS ON ARRIVAL.

Comment

Did anyone find a fix for this?

I have the exact same problem which has just started happening at a clients site, however this particular instance is on a public folder which doesn't have the tracking options.

I have creaeted a new test public calendar which it doesnt appear to happen on so I am thinking a deltion/recreation of the calendar will sort the problem but was wondering if anyone had found the root of the problem?

Comment

I also have two users running in this issue, using Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007.
                i'm going to uncheck this option:
                TOOLS > OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > EMAIL OPTIONS > TRACKING OPTIONS and turn OFF PROCESS RECEIPTS AND REQUESTS ON ARRIVAL.

Lotfi

Comment

Unfortunately un-checking this option below did not fix my problem:

Comment

Same problem here. I have a Outlook 2003 user with the same issue. Just one user out of 120. He does have a delegate with Outlook 2007. This may have something to do with it.

Comment

Ditto on problem here as well. Will update if I find a solution.

Comment

Has anybody found a resolution to this???? I am having the same issue...updates to meeting requests create duplicates. The posted workaround (Outlook - Tools - Options etc.) Did not work for me either. If its an Outlook issue...I shouldn't be able to reproduce using OWA no? Well using OWA I see the same symptoms. Anyhow, if anyone has resolved this I would REALLY REALLY appreciate your help as its just a matter of time before users get fed up with me...

Thanks all!
                        Email Address Removed
                        Last edited by m80arm; 7th May 2009, 07:42.

Comment

Hi - I have had the same problem. I found one user had the people who duplciated as delegates and she was delegate on their mailbox. I removed her bosses from the delegate list and recreated the profile and it worked.

The second problem i have had is that when a delegate is assigned and accepts then their entry is in the mailbox as well. Office 2007 - SP2 is suppose to correct that issue.

Comment

Update:

After spending a fair bit of time on the phone with Microsoft, the best solution they could suggest which (appears) to work is to create second mailbox store (if you don't have on already) and move the affected users mailbox to the new store and then back again. Apparently this will remove any corruption. I tried it with mine and it seems to have resolved the issue. Not a particularly great solution but I haven't found anything else to go on. SP2 had no effect on this issue for me.

Comment

I agree SP2 though it lists that this is a fix....it isn't. If anything Office is more cranky than before. My client is discussing reinstalling office 2003 - the problems in office 2007 in particular Outlook is is terrible. There are problems with cache mode - unless you close Outlook and reopen or turn off cache shared calendars do not update! At this time we don't have an option to upgrade to Exchange 2007 - that is suppose to resolve the issues. This product is turning out to be useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X