Outlook password reset with XP Pro Group Policy on passwords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook password reset with XP Pro Group Policy on passwords

Outlook 2003 POP3 password goes blank after XP Pro Local Group policy causes password rotation. PC's are stand alone units not part of any AD domain. Has local Group Policy to rotate PWD every 60 days. Outlook 2003 sp3 is installed on the equipment. Every time the OS rotates password it causes outlook 2003 to blank out it PWD so you have to re-enter it.

Re: Outlook password reset with XP Pro Group Policy on passwords

Sounds pretty normal to me. Outlook is authenticating to the users mailbox with the username and password for the user account in the domain that has the mailbox. when you change the password, Outlook is still trying to use the old one. Outlook doesn't know you changed the password and has no method of discovering the new one. It has the old one saved.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Sounds pretty normal to me. Outlook is authenticating to the users mailbox with the username and password for the user account in the domain that has the mailbox. when you change the password, Outlook is still trying to use the old one. Outlook doesn't know you changed the password and has no method of discovering the new one. It has the old one saved.
      The POP3 server is not a microsoft server. so there is no domain. The domain should have nothing to do with it. They are a stand alone PC. Outlook as a POP3 setup has it's own PWD and username. Why would the OS PWD resetting have anything to do with it.

Comment

My apologies. I wrongly assumed these were AD users connecting to their Exchange mailboxes.

Comment

Working...
        X