Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to rename a folder after saving an attachment from Outlook 2007

Hi to all,

I am currently having an issue with Outlook 2007.
    Whenever i dave and attachement from Outlook 2007 to a folder on my PC by
    doing a Save As or a Copy/Paste i am unable to rename the folder in question, add other files or delete it unles i close Outlook.

It gives me the following message :

Connot delete folder : its currently used by an other program.

The only way i found is to close Outlook to modify the folder.

Does anyone knows how can fix that probleme because its not doing it with Outlook 2003 and many users are complaining about it.

Thanks

Re: Unable to rename a folder after saving an attachment from Outlook 2007

Not sure, just a thought.....

Are you using Word as an email editor for your Outlook 2007? It might be that if you do, and you have attachments saved as word docs in the same folder it would not let you modify them until you close the Outlook.
    Regards,
    John

Comment

Thank you for replying.

By default Word is used as the editor in 2007.
      The probleme itself is whit the folder and not the files ( it dosen't matter wich kind pdf docs or xls )

Comment

hello, for some reason outlook 2007 maintains an open handle to the folder and or file it if was an attachment that was either saved or added to a message. You can verify this by running filemon utility available from sysinternals.com and filter for outlook.exe. In the lengthly list you will find either the folder or attachment that outlook had used previously. I have also observed that even after a message is sent, closed or deleted outlook will sometimes keep the handle open and closing outlook may not resolve the problem as the display window for outlook will close but it's process will still be present in memory (outlook.exe in taskmanager or process explorer). Once you kill outlook.exe process the handles are freed and you can then delete folder or remove flash drive. I'm investigating into this further but i figured i would share this with you right now.

Regards-

Comment

Thank You very much Jalterio

Comment

Working...
          X