public folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public folders

I installed outlook 2007 at work and everything works fine except I cannot find the public folders. How can I change folder views so that I may see the public folders? Thanks.

Re: public folders

What back end do you use??

Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007.

Comment

2003 enterprise

Comment

I don't have an installation of Outlook 2007 handy but there should be a folder icon similar to the pic i've attached.

Click on that and your Public Folders should show.
        Attached Files

Comment

I clicked on everything there is. The only folder I see is the personal folder. I read somewhere that changing folder views will allow me to see the public folders, but I can't seem to find a way to change folder views.

Comment

Probably a silly question, but you are connected directly to Exchange and not using POP3 or IMAP?
            Double check by making sure the top of the tree says "MAILBOX - USER NAME"

As suggested, look at the bottom left of the Outlook screen for the "folders" icon and click on it (see attachment below)
            Can you post a screen shot of the left hand pane of your Outlook window?
            Attached Files
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You said that all you see are the personal folders, are you connecting to Exchange using POP3? If so then I think that is why you are not seeing the public folders. You need to configure Outlook for Exchange, not POP3 or IMAP.

Comment

What program did you use to get a screen shot and insert it on this post? I cannot do it.

Comment

I created a new account and nowhere did I get a question or a choice to chose exchange server. With previous versions of outlook I was asked if I want to use POP3, IMAP or Exchange Server. This one only asks for a user name and checks the name, finds it and it is done.

Comment

Are you using Outlook 2007?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
                      Are you using Outlook 2007?

He says so in the first post
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Oops, sorry I missed that. In Outlook 2007 the default is for Outlook to automatically configure itself. You have to select the manual configuration method and then set it up for Exchange.

Comment

Thank you very much joeqwerty. I did it manually and it worked. I appreciate everyone's help and support.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                            X