Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mail adres list

Hello.
    when i make a new mail, i can type the first letter of an email adres who i typed completely once. With just 1 letter there come's a list of all adresses starting with that letter. But when i install outlook again, i lost that list. (not my adress-book!)
    Question: doe anyone knows how to backup that list?
    Thanks,
    Harry

Re: New mail adres list

That info is contained in the "nickname cache". Search for a file with the .NK2 extension. The file name should be the same as the Outlook profile, so if your Outlook profile is called "Outlook" then the NK2 file will be outlook.nk2. Save that file and when you reconfigure Outlook replace the nk2 file Outlook creates with your saved NK2 file.

Comment

see here
      http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15913
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

NOTE!!!!!

Some people use that as their contact manager INSTEAD of the ... CONTACT manager! This is a big NO!

NK2 files are just a cache file to help you out and have been known to become corrupt from time to time.
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
            NOTE!!!!!

Some people use that as their contact manager INSTEAD of the ... CONTACT manager! This is a big NO!

NK2 files are just a cache file to help you out and have been known to become corrupt from time to time.
            Good point!

OP: Now that you got them put them in contacts, where they belong.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
              NOTE!!!!!

and some people continue to use the recycle bin to store wanted emails.

if i have a sandwich i want to finish later, i dont store it in the trash till im ready to eat it...

good tip.
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

I'm not supposed to store my half eaten sandwich in the trash if I want to eat it later? I wish someone would have told me. It does explain the "sawdusty" taste though.

Comment

Working...
                X