Outlook Appointments Forwarded to a Deleted User Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Appointments Forwarded to a Deleted User Account

I have a situation on my hands related to Outlook's Calendar. This problem appears to be server side (Exchange 2003). When people send an appointment invitation to user A they receive a bounce back message related to an old user (user B) that had closely worked with the user A. User B's account was deleted a couple months ago and thus no longer exists on the server. The message looks like:

Reporting-MTA: dns;exchangeserver.domain.com

Final-Recipient: x-ex;/O=TLG/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=userB
    Action: failed
    X-Display-Name: UsernameB

From my research I have found that running the outlook command line switch "outlook.exe /cleanserverrules" might possibly help this as it could be that a rule was created on a previous machine used by user A. I however am worried that the switch might clear rules for all users and would like to clarify if it clears rules for the user Outlook is set up for or for all users. If any other solution or knowledge to help me solve this problem I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
    Pat

Re: Outlook Appointments Forwarded to a Deleted User Account

Check this response from Sembee, that helped me resolve a similar issue... it had to do with the delegates.

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=20860

This was for Exchange 2007 and Oulook 2003 client, but I assume it should work for Exchange 2003 as well.
    Regards,
    John

Comment

Go to the Delegates tab within Outlook for UserA and remove UserB.

Comment

This topic should have been posted in the right forum. Moved.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

User B was not in User A's delegates so I had had to delete all the delegates and add them back like Sembee said in the post linked by John777.

The problem is solved and this thread can be closed.

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X