No announcement yet.

Outlook 2003 (Exchange Bundled) not rending html emails

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 (Exchange Bundled) not rending html emails

This is a strange one, bare with me.

I have Office 2003 Pro on my home machine and connect to my mail server online via IMAP and all is good.

I have just deployed Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server Domain, with Exchange Server 2003. Some emails that I receive do not render the emails when reading them inside the new Outlooks.

This is not on the Exchange account, it is connecting to the imap account I have online.

The same emails render fine at home on Outlook 2003 (Office Professional), reads fine in Windows Live Mail (Windows Live Desktop) and also in Outlook 2007 (Office 2007 Pro).

In the Outlook deployed from the domain, the email view shows the entire headers and html/text parts of the emails. This is the same for the default install, and after applying the Office SP3 from MS Updates.

Is the bundled Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server any different from Retail/OEM Outlooks?

Thanks for your help, sorry if I've missed anything out, I will update if you need more info.

** Update: All the Outlook 2003's deployed were to Vista Business workstations. So this could also be a Outlook 2003 (Exchange) Vista issue? (Even though Windows Live Mail shows the emails fine)
    Last edited by pgudge; 1st February 2008, 15:31. Reason: Update: Vista OS, Spelling

Re: Outlook 2003 (Exchange Bundled) not rendering html emails

I'm not sure what the process of solving your own issues are on Petri, but I have created a reply.

It appears to be a Vista issue afterall.

When reading emails in Outlook 2003 on Windows Vista if there is no email address in the To: header section, for example you recieved the email based on BCC or To: undisclosed-recipients:; then Outlook dumps the email content to the display, headers and all.

As of 22nd December 2007 there is no fix, and it has been reported to MS.

Re: Outlook 2003 (Exchange Bundled) not rending html emails

We appreciate it when a solution is posted by a member. We especially appreciate it when a solution is posted by the original poster.

Please keep us updated on any replies you get from MS on this. It is worth extra kudos and nice work figuring out your problem.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015