Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Text get underlined and set to Bold

Hi

I'm troubleshooting a Win XP machine with Office 2003 Pro.

When the user sends an email, the text content gets undelined or bolded or sometimes both.

During testing I found that this only happens when Word is set as the default editor.
    So I reset/recreated and checked the Email.dot and Normal.dot Word Templates.

Next I ran a Detect and repair, The problem went away, until i added the signature again.
    I made sure to copy the Signature out of a standard text file to avoid copying any formatting.
    The Signature is fine when viewed through the filing system or in the preview, but gets underlined in the email.

And now some of the emails only gets underlined after you press send.

This is hands down the weirdest problem i've come accross.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Email Text get underlined and set to Bold

Have you tried to recreate the signature??

Comment

Thanks for the reply wullieb1

Yes I have done that, I typed up some random text into a new signature with the same result.

I even created the signature on my pc where it works fine, zipped it up and mailed it to the culprit pc, once again with the same effect.

I also check out all locations pertaining to fonts in stationary in outlook as well as in word.

Comment

I have narrowed the problem down to the following.

If I look in Word - Tools, options, General, E-mail options, Personal Stationary.
        All three font settings are set to underline, If i change this, the email is fine until the next start-up.
        If i come back to check, these settings are set back to Underline.

I have re-installed office again but it makesno difference.

Comment

I think what finally fixed it was that I deleted the Normal.dot and email.dot templates from word

Do not re-create these templates in word, that would just replicate the issue into the new Templates

Word should automatically re-create them for you.

Comment

Working...
          X