No announcement yet.

Send and Receive Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send and Receive Problem

I am running Outlook 2003 SP2 on an XP SP2 machine. I have had this working successfully for 4 years. Now, I cannot send or receive to my gmail account. I either get '0x8004210A Operation timed out...' or '0x800CCC15 Unable to connect to network...' error messages on both send and receive. Trying 'Test Account Settings' I get 'Establishing Network Connection', then 'Finding outgoing mail server (SMTP) canceled' and 'Finding incoming mail server Canceled'.

I can Telnet to my servers ( and OK. I can use the account just fine from another computer on my same home wireless network. Setups are identical and I have copied the known-good OL configuration files to the non-working machine withour any change. I have done the usual remove/reinstall OL, set up new profile, try new .pst file, etc. to no avail. I have worked with the Google folks, sending them screenshots of my settings, error messages, etc., running diagnostic tests, etc., they have given up.

I would appreciate any help.

Re: Send and Receive Problem

Have you checked your firewall settings?
    What AV and Firewall are you using?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Send and Receive Problem

I'm using Zone Alarm Pro and AVG Free. Both are set up correctly, and I have tried disabling both just to be sure. Still no progress here.