push bookmark thru GPO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push bookmark thru GPO?

i currently use GFI mailarchiver4. the program creates an archive of all the email coming or going. It uses AD group memberships and mailbox permissions to manage who can see what, then displays the results in a browser page...

the most user friendly way, imo, is to add the hyperlink to a folder in outlook and set the home page to the location of the archive... http://mymailserver.mydomain/Mailarchiver

this is fine, but i dont want to have to do this for 600 outlook clients... is there any way i can add the link to the existing set of folders in users outlook without having to go from one to the next? the folder will contain the same link for all clients and the only option checked is "Show home page by default for this folder"...

or point me somewhere i can find it... pretty please?

thanks guys,
    James
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: push bookmark thru GPO?

You can set the home page for all the default outlook 2003 folders through a GPO if you have the Office 2003 ADM templates. The settings are under "User Configuration|Administrative Templates|Microsoft Office Outlook 2003|Folder Home Pages for Outlook special folders"

Comment

Re: push bookmark thru GPO?

im aware of the ADM templates and the section your talking about, but i want to modify a folder that isnt there right now...

i have thought of maybe an outlook macro, or something similar. i just figured that there may be a way to add a folder to the existing tree on the client side.

i may just put a link in the internet explorer bookmarks thru my existing GPO... i just really, really wanted it to be in the outlook folder list.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
      X