Outlook 2003 use on Multiple computers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 use on Multiple computers

I have Outlook 2003 installed with all my contacts and calendar info on my Desktop Windows XP.

Just installed onto my laptap Windows Vista....cannot pick up emails on laptop UNLESS I do not open from my desktop... in other words whichever computer I use first is the one that opens the email NO OTHER copy is sent to the other computer

Got all my previous contacts to copy over to my LAPTOP WIN VISTA but cannot get new contacts if I add them via my laptop to my desktop and visa versa

I need to bounce between the 2 computers one is used at the office and one at home office.

I have a Fungsten Palm and tried syncing info into my laptop.......no go it did not copy the info from my desktop to my laptop

H E L P!!!!!!!!

Re: Outlook 2003 use on Multiple computers

Contacts and emails will never be shared between the two unless you have exchange. You do not mention exchange so I will assume you do not have it. Emails can be left on the server however by default that is not the case. To do so go to tools, E-mail accounts, Next, highlight the account, click change on the side, click more settings button lower right, advanced tab, check all the boxes below Delivery. Hit OK, next and finish all the way out. Do this on both machines.

You really need exchange to do this right however.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

You can get software to synchronise PSTs between Outlook without Exchange. Use to find them (search for sync pst files

In my experience the process is quite temperamental, but others have good sucesses with it. if it is a business environment, I would strongly recommend Exchange
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        You can get software to synchronise PSTs between Outlook without Exchange. Use to find them (search for sync pst files

In my experience the process is quite temperamental, but others have good sucesses with it. if it is a business environment, I would strongly recommend Exchange
        Funny you mention that, A few months ago I went through a bunch of these sync programs, they all where terrible, I no longer even try, and just setup new clients with hosted exchange.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Thanks everyone your suggestions of what to do within Outlook worked for the Email issue.........but what to do with the Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar??????

Comment

Originally posted by Sherri View Post
            Thanks everyone your suggestions of what to do within Outlook worked for the Email issue.........but what to do with the Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar??????
            Two options mentioned above recapped
            1) Third party PST sync utility
            2) Hosted Exchange (or Full, if you have the $$$)

as Ossian said above if this is for a business, you will want exchange, for $15/m or so it is well worth it, especially if you have smartphone (treo, blackjack, etc...). Imagine all your outlook completely mobile...........

Comment

Working...
            X