Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Calendar Synchronisation

Hi,

I would like to synchronise the calendar from my PST file to the calendar on the Exchange Server. There are third party software like Add2Outlook that is capable of such a function. However, I would like to know if Microsoft does have its own tool to perform such a function? If not, maybe some vbscript that can do the trick will be fine with me too.

Re: Outlook 2003 Calendar Synchronisation

If you have an Exchange server why do you have a pst file? Is the pst file an export of your Exchange mailbox? If so, why would you export to a pst file and then synchronize it back?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      If you have an Exchange server why do you have a pst file? Is the pst file an export of your Exchange mailbox? If so, why would you export to a pst file and then synchronize it back?
      Hi JOEQWERTY,

I am setting this up for my MD, and he travels alot with his laptop. In our company policy / practise, all laptop users will have their mails downloaded to the local PST file instead of keeping on the Exchange server. The synchronisation of the calendar is needed to allow his Assistant to view his calendar from my MD's Exchange calendar.

Comment

It's not possible without third party software but I would recommend to use an ost file instead. It won't download the software off of the mailbox but it will keep everything in synch. An ost bascically keeps a copy of the mailbox on the local machine so that you can work offline and synch only when you're connected. The items stay on the server as well though.

Comment

SEt up RPC over HTTP on the Exchange server and he will be able to connect outlook anywhere he can get internet access
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

What i would do is the following:

1. Have both the .PST data file and the exchange account open at the same time in Outlook.

2. Go to the calendar and change the view to arrange by Category. View > Arrange By > Current View > By Category.

3. Select all of the appointments in the .PST calendar and move them to the exchange calendar.

This should allow you to copy all of the appointments across to the exchange calendar without the need for 3rd party software.

Comment

Working...
            X