Outlook Archive not working correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Archive not working correctly

I am trying to support a charity voluntary and have been trying to use the Archive feature on a computer running Microsoft Outlook Exchange Mailbox – but what I have found is when I choose File| -> Archive| And then I choose to Archive items older than a certain date, it Archives all sub folders but it doesn’t Archive any emails that are in the main inbox root folder even though they are in the date range to be Archived.

Its very strange not sure why it doesn’t archive the inbox only archives subfolders – not sure if anyone knows why this is.

Thanks

Re: Outlook Archive not working correctly

When you choose archive make sure that you select Mailbox - UserName and not the Inbox option, which gets selected by default.
    Regards,
    John

Comment

Also right click on the folder that is not behaving the way you expect, and look at the archive settings for that folder, which can be different from all others.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Originally posted by Genie-Soft
        Hello,

We recommend you try Genie Archive for Outlook. Its a new archiving solution for Outlook 2003/2007. It can perform automatic archiving while system is idle.
        Also, it allows to delete e-mails after being archived to reduce PST reliance and local storage space required by the PST. And theres SPAM and PGP Handling. Using the Genie Archive Search Utility, you can easily and quickly search for old archived mail.
        For more info, please check our site:
        Genie Archive for Outlook:
        PLEASE DO NOT SPAM!
        Reported to admins for action
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thread soft deleted!

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Also, archiving archives based upon the LAST READ date, NOT when you got the email.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X