Enter Network Login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter Network Login

ever since i started on my new job, i've been having a problem with a popup screen to enter network password.

This appears when a user presses the send\receive button in Outlook 2003. It also appears when the user receives new mail, when it tries to download it, the popup appears.
    In the Popup, there's our Exchange server IP address, the client's username and password.
    There's an option to Save the password in the password list, but that doesn't have any effect.
    I've tried ressetting the password a million times without any luck for the users. I thought that maybe the passwords were expiring so, i made the to never expire in AD.
    This problem affects all our outside branches that use POP3 to connect to out Exchange server.

How can i make the popup go away because its irritating everyone?
    Last edited by skie; 4th October 2007, 07:17.
    I am Nobody. Nobody's Perfect therefore, I'm Perfect!

Re: Enter Network Login

How can i make the popup go away because its irritating everyone?
    Well, you could start by getting rid of POP3 on an Exchange server - it's utterly unnecessary when you're using Outlook.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

If i select Exchange server when setting up the account, it tells me that it cant connect to the exchange server thats why they use POP3. Our head office connects directly to the server and its working 100%. our outside branches ar the ones having these problems.
      I am Nobody. Nobody's Perfect therefore, I'm Perfect!

Comment

Have you considered setting up RPC over HTTP?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Agreed, RPC over HTTP is the way to go.
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X