Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free / Busy Doesn't Show

Hi,

I have a user that is on XP with Outlook 2003 on an exchange 2003 backend. If the user is in a meeting with several other users the free / busy information of the other users does not come up, it shows "No Information".

As we are using roaming profiles I have logged onto other computers as this user and am stilll experiencing the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Free / Busy Doesn't Show

Try starting utlook from the Run dialog box, and add this option to the run line:

/cleanfreebusy

to see if this fixes the problem, then run Outlook normally after that.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Thanks for that.

I ran the free / CleanBusy switch but it didn't seem to have much impact on the issue. However I ran the /CleanSchedPlus switch and then /CleanFreeBusy and that did appear to do the trick.

Instructions below.

To resolve this problem, run Outlook with the /CleanSchedPlus command-line switch on each computer containing Outlook, and then run Outlook with the /CleanFreeBusy command-line switch on each computer.

First, determine the path to Outlook by following these steps: 1. Click Start, point to Find and then click Files or Folders.
      2. In the Named box, type Outlook.exe and then click Find Now.
      3. Note the path to the Outlook executable file for reference. For example, the default path is:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe
      4. On the File menu, click Close.
      To use the /CleanSchedPlus command-line switch, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and click Run.
      2. In the Open box, type the complete path noted earlier in step 3, including the file name. Press SPACEBAR once and then type a forward slash (/) followed by the command-line switch, for example:

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe." /CleanSchedPlus
      NOTE: The full path needs to be in quotation marks to preserve long file names.

To use the /CleanFreeBusy command-line switch, repeat steps 1 and 2, substituting the /CleanFreeBusy switch for the /CleanSchedPlus switch in step 2.

Comment

That's good news, and thank you for posting a comprehensive solution for others to view here.

Have a good weekend.
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
        X