No announcement yet.

Outlook contacts disappear

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook contacts disappear

We are using Outlook 2003
    We have been having a strange problem! On our network (10 Users) everybody has outlook running with the ‘pst’ stored locally on their PC.
    (I know that the best way is to store them on the server! But…)
    Every so often one or two contacts disappear from the ‘contacts’. I have checked and rechecked to make sure the contact was not deleted by mistake or moved. Had this happened to only one person I would put it down to the user but it has happened to many times now. It seems to be totally random as to how many contacts disappear and from whom.
    I have done a scan on the entire network with virus and ad aware software. Both with no results.
    The individual PC’s have also been scanned will in safe mode also.
    Anything else I could look for?
    Many thanks

Re: Outlook contacts disappear

When the contacts "disappear" do they re-appear after launching Outlook again or rebooting the PC?

Are your users running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? My first thought is maybe you should disable cached mode on some of the users to see if the problem re-occurs.

My second thought is maybe there is some sort of auto-archiving going on with the contacts. Do a search for all *.pst files on a client computer, open them up, and see if the missing contacts are in there.
    Was that so hard?