Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve old e-mails

Hi, my problem is:
    I got a new machine with windows XP Pro service pack 2. the computer is on a domain and we receive e-mails via the exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2003
    When i open my outlook, i only get unread items only. i also need to refer back to my old emails which i can't access after reading them.
    There were no pst files on my last machine because i didn't create any personal folders.
    I've hit the send/receive button a million times without any success.

Thanking you in advance
    Last edited by skie; 10th September 2007, 15:04.
    I am Nobody. Nobody's Perfect therefore, I'm Perfect!

Re: Retrieve old e-mails

Check the View status of Outlook.

I can't remember exactly what it is as i'm at home just now but cheecking this will help.

Comment

I spoke to one network administrator over the phone and he advised the following.
      In control panel, open the Mails, then click the e-mail accounts button. On the next page, check the "View or change exsisting e-mail accounts.
      At the bottom of the next page, go to the Dropdown (" Deliver new e-mails to the following location") list and select the second option that says " Mailbox - Username"

If i do this, does this mean that all e-mails will be stored on the Exchange server instead of the local machine? I just want to be clear before i commit into anything.

Thanking you in advance

Comment

Yes it does

Comment

I works like magic.
          Problem solved, Thanx Wullieb1

Comment

Working...
          X