insert hyperlink in outlook message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insert hyperlink in outlook message

I gave the forum a search for this question, but never found a solution. I am looking for a way that my users can insert a hyperlink to a network share, \\server\share, so that they are not emailing attachments back and forth.

The only solution I have found so far is a program called "clip path" that lets you right click a folder and the past a hyperlink. Many of my users cannot safely navigate windows explorer so this option is out.

What I am looking for is some sort of comm add in that would the users choose tools>insert>hyperlink>file and then give tham a browse button so they don't have to memorize the path.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: insert hyperlink in outlook message

Outlook can do this natively. Just click Insert...Hyperlink from the menu bar in any message and browse to the file.
    Last edited by joeqwerty; 31st August 2007, 00:23.

Comment

Very little info and what is supplied is not explained very well. If you have a network, why not have a mapped drive to the SHARE?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Outlook can do this natively. Just click Insert...Hyperlink from the menu bar in any message and browse to the file.
        That is exactly what I want to do. The problem is when you choose Insert->hyperlink
        you have to manually type the file path. My users are not that sophisticated. What I would like is a "browse" button so they can select the file.
        Last edited by feltted; 31st August 2007, 01:07.

Comment

What version of Outlook are you using?

Comment

This is outlook 2003 and exchange 2003.

Comment

That's exactly what we use. When I start a new message and select the Insert... Hyperlink menu there is definitely a browse window. Are you sure you're not seeing it when you try it?

Comment

Ok, I see what you are saying about the hyperlink. I changed a couple formatting options and now I see what you are seeing in Outlook. In order to get the browse window when inserting a hyperlink you have to set the options in Outlook to use Word to edit email. Then you will get the browse window.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X