Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to send email using Microsoft Outlook

Hi,

I have configured my Microsoft Outlook to point to Exchange server and have successfully added the user in the active directory. However, when I tried to send out email, it kept bouncing back with this error message.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
    Sent: 10/8/2004 2:30 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

vincent on 10/8/2004 2:30 PM
    None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

Any suggestion to solve?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    TKT

chk and reply

Hi,

try installing latest service pack or
    There are some Possible Causes:

General access denied, sender access denied - the sender of the message does not have the privileges required to complete delivery.
    You are trying to relay your mail through another SMTP server and it does not permit you to relay. (Setup SMTP Authentication in your email client - See below)

The recipient might have mailbox delivery restrictions enabled. For example, a recipient's mailbox delivery restriction was set to receive from a Distribution List only and non-members' email will be rejected with this error.

For Exchange Server 2003, a distribution list can be configured to restrict mail delivery from unauthenticated users. Mail that is sent by using an unauthenticated SMTP session are rejected.

Troubleshooting:
    Check system privileges and attributes for the contact and retry the message. Also, make sure you are running Exchange 2000 Service Pack 1 or later for other potential known issues.

Check out one of our Knowledge Base Articles on SMTP Authentication and POP mail settings:

Configuring Outlook 2002 (XP)
    Configuring Outlook 2000
    Configuring Outlook Express
    SMTP Authentication

Comment

Hi,

I'm using Microsoft Exchange just for internal mailing. Does that to do with SMTP also? Some users can still send internal mail using their Microsoft Outlook, whereas some just couldn't send out with the error message as described. What could be done to solve this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
      TKT

Comment

Can you make it clear, your user got that NDR when he/she sent mails to external or internal users?

Comment

Hi,

Internal users.

Thanks.

Best regards,
          TKT

Comment

When exchange installed, as a default you should be can use it for internal mail correspondence without change any setting. Can you describe your exchange configuration ?And make sure if your DNS server working well. For a first action try to delete an error mailbox and re-create it, please make sure you choose create mailbox option in the exchage task. This error will occurs when you try to send a message to a users which not exist in your AD, perhaps you make a mistake by create an email address not a mailbox for that user. And becarefull about outlook cache, when you have sent a message to that email address it will recorded by outlook. And when you want to send a message again to that user you don't need to type the whole address, it have automatic naming complete function (if I'm not wrong activated by default) so you just have to type a part of the address and it will completed according to the cache file. If you have re-created a mailbox for that user, do not use an old address (delete from the cache file) and choose it from GAL. It's look the same but owned different SID.

Comment

Hi,

I am using Small Business Server 2000. Thus, when I added a new user in the active directory, a mailbox will automatically be created in the exchange. I tried Microsoft Outlook with another user and it was working alright. But, for this user, it just couldn't send out internal email with the error prompt as described earlier. I observed the setting for both users and it appeared to be the same setting, and thus couldn't understand why this user just couldn't send out internal email. Any one can suggest some ways to solve this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
              TKT

Comment

Hi,

I checked the Exchange System Manager and found that the users are not using the same log on. When I created all the users, all users are domain users of PI domain, but now it seems that only two users are using PI domain. Only the users in the PI domain(as shown from the record of Last Logged On by PI\username) can send internal mail now, whereas other users (as shown from the record of Last Logged On by NT Authority\System)just couldn't send out email with the error prompt as described. Any suggestion to solve?

Thanks.

Best regards,
                TKT

Comment

Hi,

I was using DHCP server from Dlink router modem previously. Now I have switched back to using DHCP server from Windows SBS server. Again, when I checked the Exchange System Manager, it seemed that all users were not really logged on to the domain. It showed as Last Logged On by NT Authority\System. What does this mean?

Thanks.

Best regards,
                  TKT

Comment

Working...
                  X