How do I switch between email accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I switch between email accounts

I have 2 email accounts set-up in my Outlook 2003. The first is my original account through my regular cable service provider.
    I recently set up a web site thru a web hosting service which allows me unlimited email accounts. So far so good. How can I see the email coming in thru the hosting service on my regular Outlook. I have followed the instructions exactly for setting up another account and when I test settings all tests are successful. I just can't see any of the hosting service emails. Shouldn't there be a separate inbox etc etc for the hosters account?
    I'm not a computer newbie but this has me stumped. Its got to be something simple I'm missing.
    The only way I can read the hosters email is by logging into their webmail service, which works great but I would rather just switch identities in my Outlook. I remember previous versions of Outlook having a switch identities menu selection. This version doesn't have it.
    Can someone please help me. Thanks.

Re: How do I switch between email accounts

Did you create a new profile in Outlook, or did you just add an email account? By default when you add a 2nd email account, they both go to the same inbox within Outlook. Do a search for emails to that 2nd email account, they're probably in there.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      Do a search for emails to that 2nd email account, they're probably in there.
      Settings up a 2nd profile will be easier but if you want it this way you could always set up a rule to move all mail from @otheraddress.com to a specific folder thus all mail to one account goes in your inbox and the other goes into a seperate folder.

Michael
      Last edited by m80arm; 5th July 2007, 16:27.
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
        Settings up a 2nd profile will be easier but if you want it this way you could always set up a rule to move all mail from @otheraddress.com to a specific folder thus all mail to one account goes in your inbox and the other goes into a seperate folder.

Michael
        Thats how i would do it

Comment

And just to finish it off, Identities was a feature of Outlook Express. The name (Outlook Express) should be change as I have found it confusing to a lot of no IT people.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X