Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Office version relates to which Office product?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Office version relates to which Office product?

I'm using inventory software to check which versions of Office are on our network. It returns the version number, but I want to convert this to either:
    • Office 2000 Standard
    • Office 2000 Pro
    • Office 2003 Pro
    • etc

Is there a list showing which versions of office relate to the actual name of the Office installation?
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Which Office version relates to which Office product?

Office 95 = 7.0
    Office 97 = 8.0
    Office 2000 = 9.0
    Office XP = 10.0
    Office 2003 = 11.0
    Office 2007 = 12.0

but I can't say if it's OEM, Standard, Pro or whatever. I believe that the level of Office depends on the apps that are installed, rather than the version number, so I think the only way to tell between, say Office 2000 and Office 200 Pro is to see what apps are installed. So, the following may help also:

Home and Student = Word, Excel, OneNote, Powerpoint
    Standard = Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
    Small Business = Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher
    Pro = Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access
    Premium = Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, FrontPage
    Developer = Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, FrontPage, VBA, Access Runtime

edit: Office 2007 now has an "Ultimate" which I don't know much about, hence it's not in the list above. HTH.
    Last edited by PaulH; 4th July 2007, 15:53.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

That sort of falls down if you install the Pro version and leave Access (and Publisher) off the install list.

Of course there is always my old friend. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...+numbers&meta=
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        That sort of falls down if you install the Pro version and leave Access (and Publisher) off the install list.
        Yes, you're perfectly right in that.

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Of course there is always my old friend. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...+numbers&meta=
        Well, I did do a google search as I am sure JD did originally, but from JD's question that wasn't what he was after - he asked for a list to convert numbers to names, rather than sitting in front of a PC and getting an answer to "What is my version...". So are we concluded that although we can tell (from the inventory software) what version number and, hence, what name the version of office there is, we can't actually tell if it is Standard, Pro etc. from the version number given by the inventory software?

Is JD satsified with the info supplied or do you need more assistance?

Does our good friend Biggles get paid commission from Google? (That and other questions will be answered in the next episode of SOAP)
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

a different way to go about it (though probably outside of your inventory software) is to examine the .msi file see here for more info on that
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Let's call it "a day". I'm happy with the info I've got so far. Thanks guys!
            |
            +-- JDMils
            |
            +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
            |

Comment

Working...
            X