What version is this office doc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version is this office doc?

Is there a way to tell what version of Office was used to modify a Word or Excel doc?
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: What version is this office doc?

Dont know if this will help, but if you open a file using the "Recover Text from any file" file type, it shows the creating software right at the bottom of the file.

Out of curiosity -- why?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

One of the girls at work is having trouble opening an XL file and she's on XL97. I just wanted to know if it was a document version problem or something else.

It ended up being that Office was not patched, so I applied SR1 then SR2 and it now works OK (note SR2 will not install unless SR1 is present).

Thanks Tom.
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      |

Comment

Office 97!!! You gotta be shitting me. You need to tell the business that Office 97 is now 4 versions behind (no more OEM Office 2003 from June 30 ) and needs to be updated to Office 2003 at a minimum ASAP.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

or at least Open Office
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Don't start.... What do you think was the first thing I told them to do? We have 11 companies and this one is as tight as, since their staff are mostly warehouse staff, guess who gets the crappy h/w & s/w. And since there is really no need to upgrade them, cos apparently warehouse staff don't need it, they are stuck with Office97. And I won't even start to tell you that they are on Win98, coz that's really gonna get you guys started.....
            |
            +-- JDMils
            |
            |

Comment

W98 huh? Veeeery Coool, I'm envious of ya, coz I got one guy on Windows for Workgroups 3.11, and Lotus 123 which by the way runs like a bat out of hell on modern hardware.

but don't shoot me, it is the weekend
              Best wishes,
              PaulH.
              MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
              X