contacts not working in outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contacts not working in outlook

I've added numerous contacts to my outlook but when i write a new message and go to find none of them appear, the only way around this is Ctrl K after typing part of the email address. If I go into contacts there all there so why isn't this working.

Also anyone have the addresses to conect POP3 clients to an exchange 2003 server I take it may be mail.yourdomainnameand smtp.yourdomainname?

cheers

Hi.

1. In outlook - right click your contacts folders then Outlook Address Book Tab - Is the "Show this folder as an email address-book checked... It should be.....

2. For POP3 to work you should enable it on the exchange 2003 server. It is disabled by default. Go to Services in your control panel / administration, find Microsoft Exchange POP3 service and set it to automatically. (Go to Exchange System manager, under protocals you have POP3 virtual server - rigth click the default server and start.)

Internally you can test the connection to POP3 by simply adding the IP address (you can also use the server name) on your server in the pop3 and smtp fields. And then add your logon information as well.

From outside - again you can use the public ip address or the DNS entry (if you made one) depends on if you opens up in your firewall as well for port 110.

Also remember that you can allow or disallow access to pop3 for some or all users. So check this setting in the active directory as well.

I was in a little hurry when I wrote this - so I hope this explains it.
    Best Regards

Heino Skov
    System Consultant

Comment

ahh

it was the group policy which was stopping it, thanks again for the reply!
      top tip!

Comment

Alrigth - Im glad that you fixed it
        Best Regards

Heino Skov
        System Consultant

Comment

Working...
        X