Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make multi-sharing of calendar easier than going from one account to another

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make multi-sharing of calendar easier than going from one account to another

We have about 20 different "VIPs" that when new employees come in they need access to their contacts/calendars (Exchange &

Outlook 2003). The conventional way we do it now is to go into each of the 20 account and Delegate the permission to the new

employee. As you can imagine this can get time consuming. I've tried to use a distro list, but I guess something with the

permissions aren't correct, as it didn't work. Basically if anyone knows an easier way it would be appreciated.

Re: How do I make multi-sharing of calendar easier than going from one account to ano

Delegate permissions to a security group (e.g. ggCalendarViewers), then add the new employee to the group -- they will automatically get permission to view the calendar.

Works without any problems in exactly your environment for some of my clients

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How do I make multi-sharing of calendar easier than going from one account to ano

Hmm.. I tried that and still no joy. I've tried it as a distro group, the security group does not show up in Exchange/Outlook/GAL.

Comment

You need a mail-enabled security group
        Sorry -- should have said that before
        Attached Files
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X