X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recursive Outlook permissions

Ex2k3sp1
    Outlook XP

I had to recover a mailbox after a bad migrate from 5.5 (always use a UPS on important boxes - servers were, my workstation was not... )

Anyway, the user does not have permissions to their folders anymore. I have gone into the permissions of outlook today and inbox and such and have manually added the account to have owner status.

HOWEVER, she has TONS of sub folders. I am not looking forward to half a million right clicks...

Is there a way/tool to recursively add permissions? I know new folders will inherit the permissions, but Google says nothing about existing folders.

You can use Xcacls.exe to cause subordinate containers (works with existing objects) to inherit parent settings.

Read this...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q318754
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Ok, but how does this apply to Outlook folders?

Comment

Originally posted by KnottyMan
        Ok, but how does this apply to Outlook folders?
        I must have misunderstood the question because I assumed you meant folders as in file system.
        I'll keep an eye out for a solution...
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Recursive Outlook permissions

I am now tasked with a similar situation after migrating a client from Groupwise to Exchange 2003. Has anyone found a solution for this? Please notify ASAP.

Thanks,
          Burke

Originally posted by KnottyMan
          Ex2k3sp1
          Outlook XP

I had to recover a mailbox after a bad migrate from 5.5 (always use a UPS on important boxes - servers were, my workstation was not... )

Anyway, the user does not have permissions to their folders anymore. I have gone into the permissions of outlook today and inbox and such and have manually added the account to have owner status.

HOWEVER, she has TONS of sub folders. I am not looking forward to half a million right clicks...

Is there a way/tool to recursively add permissions? I know new folders will inherit the permissions, but Google says nothing about existing folders.

Comment

Re: Recursive Outlook permissions

Take a look at Folder Permissions Manager from a company called Symprex. This should do what you want.

http://www.symprex.com/products/fpm

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X