Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• images in emails: Outlook 11

Hello,
    Has anyone had this problem? One and only one email that I receive each day, the Globe and Mail tech alert, comes down and all images are missing. Clicking on the images fails when IE7 opens and states there is an error.
    When I try to reply using this particular email, the images appear!

The other idiocy is that if I send what Outlook states is a dangerous file, I cannot even view it in the saved folder. Even though the file came from one of my hard drives.

I put a set of images here, http://mattoid.com/data/computing/Outlook_errors.htm, and have had the Globe's techies look at them, but they state there is no problem at their end.

Any clue? Nothing done in Options for this email or its URL.

Regards,
    Paul

Re: images in emails: Outlook 11

The Outlook file extension unblocker will fix the file issues as mentioned in your link - try it. It works.

The other issue is related to Outlook's configuration. You can block Outlook 2003 from downloading images and other files when you view or open a message (which is turned on by default).

If you add the email address of the offending message to your safe senders list it should display the images.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,
      The file association executable certainly does work, but I shall have to wait until next week to see if the safe sender addition works.
      It didn't happen immediately, but when I checked this morning the sent file allowed access to all files. I put the proof on the link shown below.
      Regards,
      Paul

Comment

Hello,
        Well safe list worked, and the email came down successfully for the first time in weeks. I put the image onto the link to prove it.
        Thanks for the advice.
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by dickins_paul View Post
          Hello,
          Well safe list worked, and the email came down successfully for the first time in weeks. I put the image onto the link to prove it.
          Thanks for the advice.
          Paul
          Excellent. I'm glad it all worked out for you.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,
            Well, methinks I spoke too soon.
            The problem about images in the G&M tech alert emails, which arrive each weekday, has returned.
            Even with the Safe Senders list, Safe Recipients list occupied, nothing imaged arrives.
            Now what?

Paul

Comment

What you might need to check is where the images are actually hosted.

We had a similar problem here where images were blocked by our sonicwall. The actual website was linking to akamia.net for images.

We allowed access to this via the CFS and it worked fine.

I know its not the same issue but it may be worthwhile looking into.

Comment

Working...
              X