Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked

I have a user getting this error quite frequently. We are running Exchange server 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients running Win XP SP2.

So far I have tried the following:

Removed 'Cached Exchange Mode' from the account

Removed Cached Exchange Mode, removing the user's .OST file and then restarting Outlook to re-populate the mailbox and create a new .OST file.

This seemed to calm things down for a few days but the problem is back again, I haven't tried removing and re-installing MS Office, but this might be my next step, anyone got any other idea's?

Cheers

Re: "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being chec

Just d The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked . Don't you just love

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...ing+checked%22
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being chec

Yes, I spent some time trawling through it earlier, not much helps though tbh!
      Last edited by UKG; 12th June 2007, 17:15.

Comment

Does the user have a PST folder??????

Looks to me like they do.

I usually use scanpst to fix it.

Comment

Let Outlook finish the check. It will complete and all will be well. It takes a long time.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
          X