Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Outlook 2000/2003

HI
    In outlook 2000/2003 when I install on workstation I have to wait until that users logon and going open outlook and enter my exhange server name and the users logon name, which mean everytime user change workstation I have to visit them in do it samething everytime. I wonders anyone know a way I can do a unattend install and setup in install folder, so auto config the server for all user as long thier have mail account.
    Thank you
    Kevin

Re: Setup Outlook 2000/2003

Kevin,

I suppose it really depends on the number of clients you are managing.

You could educate the users to enter the netBIOS name of the exchange server and their user name or use a script of some sort to do this for them. I will look around for this, and report back - something like this would be handy.

Comment

MS had a KB article on how to do that (for Outlook 2000) that I know of. I will have a look through my favourites and see if I can find it. Found it by accident last time.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

There was a way of doing it via the logon script but i can't for the life of me remeber whatthe name of the file was.

Found it

Looky at this thread

http://forums.petri.com/archive/index.php/t-5086.html

Comment

Eventually found it though it is for Outlook 2000. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198438

If you Q198438 there are a few more sites that may be able to help.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X