Recover 'hard deleted' email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover 'hard deleted' email

I accidently hard deleted a subfolder from my Inbox.

I followed the procedure found on this page:
    http://www.petri.com/using_outlook_2...eted_items.htm

BUT, after making the necessary registry changes, I don't get the 'Recover Deleted Items' option. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Re: Recover 'hard deleted' email

Originally posted by gocats View Post
    What am I missing?
    The versions of Outlook and Exchange for a start

Also, what deleted item retention policy is set on the Exchange server?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      The versions of Outlook and Exchange for a start

Also, what deleted item retention policy is set on the Exchange server?

Outlook 2003 --- don't know how to check the retention policy. I get my email from a POP3 server.
      Last edited by gocats; 1st June 2007, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by gocats View Post
        Outlook 2003 --- don't know how to check the retention policy. I get my email from a POP3 server.
        In which case the instructions will not apply -- they are for your own email server running Microsoft Exchange. With a POP3 server you download the messages to your local PST file and they are deleted from the server

I recommend you for "Outlook PST data recovery". You may have to pay for the service, but if the emails are that important, you may be able to get them back. Also note that other activity on your computer may overwrite the sectors that contained the deleted emails, so try to do as little as possible on it.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Exit Outlook and back up the PST immediately. As I recall, Outlook may perform some background cleanup on PSTs on a time available basis.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X