Archivin and restoring problem outlook 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archivin and restoring problem outlook 2003

Im using Outlook 2003. I have 5 different email addresses loaded onto Outlook 2003. I have set each folder ( email address) to auto archive each to a different folder. I have sent them to auto archive anything older than 1month but not to delete the emails. I have it set to move old items to a folder specific to each email account

However, some of the folders dont archive at all. They still show old emails. Why is this?

But then some folders do archive ( i guess). They do only show the last 30 days worth of emails but I can seem to be able to get to the older emails from these folders. I try to restore according to the process thats in the HELP section on Outlook. But when I restore the folders they are empty.

What is the correct process for auto archiving folders and what is the correct process for restoring? Where do older emails get moved to?

Thanks

Re: Archivin and restoring problem outlook 2003

Right click on the folder that has each of you email addresses and check the auto archive tab. Auto archive can be defined down to the folder level.

However auto archive moves your email to an alternate PST (not a bad thing) so you must remember to look there when you are hunting for old emails. If you have Outlook 2003 it makes it easy to integrate the Archive PST and the Regular PST. To verify this go to >file, data file management. and post a screen shot.

If you need clarification please ask.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Before you say it doesn't archive old e-mails, remember archiving works on the "Modified Date" - not received date. You can expose this filed in your view by using the filed chooser. The modified date means last time you made some change to it like from unread to read or oved to a different folder.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
        Right click on the folder that has each of you email addresses and check the auto archive tab. Auto archive can be defined down to the folder level.

However auto archive moves your email to an alternate PST (not a bad thing) so you must remember to look there when you are hunting for old emails. If you have Outlook 2003 it makes it easy to integrate the Archive PST and the Regular PST. To verify this go to >file, data file management. and post a screen shot.

If you need clarification please ask.
        Thanks I do believe I understand. However, when I go the folder where files should be getting archieved, they are either empty, or dont have all the emails they should. I should have emails dating back to Oct 2006 in all of my folders ( which are seperate email accounts.) but they are not there. they only hold the current emails from the last 30 or 50 days.

Comment

Unless you have the AutoArchive set to delete after the defined period, I would have no idea where those emails can be.

Have a read here to make sure we are on the same frequency.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
          X