Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old email downloaded all time from server

Outlook 2000

Someone know what going on, I want keep my email on server, I did downloaded all emails yesterday and now again outlook try download all email every time when I connect with server.
    Last edited by ryszon; 15th May 2007, 12:12.

Re: Old email downloaded all time from server

Have you selected the correct box to leave a copy of the messages on the server??

Are you in a domain enviornment??

Some better info would help.

Comment

I`m in domain enviroment.

I mark box to left copy message on server. And I use POP3 do get message from server.

Comment

Originally posted by ryszon View Post
        I`m in domain enviroment.

I mark box to left copy message on server. And I use POP3 do get message from server.
        There's your problem. If you leave a copy in a POP3 mailbox, it will be downloaded every time a client connects to it. There is no way to mark a mail as "not required for download" with POP3 - if it's in the mailbox it will be downloaded. The only way to stop it coming down is to NOT leave a copy on the server once it's been downloaded.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

What type of email server? if you are in a domain, then where are you poping (is that a word?) from?

Do you have the capability to rebuild the mailbox, (empty emails, delete mailbox, add them back)

also try deleting the account from outlook and add it back.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I`m using on server Merak mail.

that help to sort problem:
            The reason this happens is because IMAP and POP both set flags on the email messages. If you tell your pop client to leave a copy on the mail server, it will set a flag on the message so it doesn't download it again. If you access that same message with IMAP, or our WebBased Mail, it over writes that flag and your POP client thinks its a new message and downloads it again. There IS NO duplicate message, you only download the same one multiple times.

Way of "fixing" this is to use IMAP instead of POP3.
            But now when I use IMAP - is marking NEW e-mails as deleted before I've even looked at them - that is bigger problem :/

Do you have the capability to rebuild the mailbox, (empty emails, delete mailbox, add them back)
            Yes I have and I did, but that not help.

Problem start when I uninstalled outlook 2003 and installed to 2000. (I can`t use 2003 because this one make me more truble and more problems)
            Last edited by ryszon; 16th May 2007, 09:27.

Comment

Working...
            X