Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAL problems

Hi
    One of my customers (they have Exchange 2000) reports the following problem: using Outlook 2003 SP1 sometimes they cannot see all the GAL's defined for their company (they have a GAL for each country where they have subsidiares and a big GAL for the whole company). If they close the Outlook then reopened it, the specific local GAL (which is define as the defaul GAL) suddenly appears. Does anybody encounter this kind of problem? Thanks in advance for any idea!
    Mishu

Are they using Cached mode? Does F9 help? Does rebuilding the Offline Address List help?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

GAL problems

Hi Daniel,
      Thanks for your answer. No, they are noot using Cached Mode, I will try to force Send/Receive with the F9 key. I don't know if they've tried to rebuild the Adress Book. What was strange on some of the computers the Local GAL appears than disappears during the same working session. Maybe the problem comes form the incompatibility between Exchange2k and the Outlook 2003?

Comment

I'm not aware of such issues, but I'm willing to learn something new everyday...
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: GAL problems

Hello,

Is there a solution to this problem as I dont think it is limited to exchange2000 only. I have some client that are initaily using exchange 2000 but have now moved to exchange 2k3 and are having the same problem.

The problem is the gal keeps disappearing, but the default gal shows up. They have created address list based on location . This address list disappear intermittentlybut the Gal will be visible, which makes me rule out network issue.

Any help or info will be appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X