Text Boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Boxes

I have never yet fathomed out how to insert a simple Textbox just to contain Text with Front Page or Word similar to the textbox you can easily insert on a Power Point slide. I did try using a layer with Front page, but some visitors to the page online complained it was overlapping a photo image to which it was supposed to be related. I would like to be able to insert text in the centre of the sceen in a textbox of the size I want just above a photo image.

I have been having to capture part of the screen with say notepad text and inserting it as a JPG. All very cride.

Gordon
    Last edited by GordonSweet; 10th April 2007, 11:27. Reason: ensure a reply

Re: Text Boxes

Its been many years since i've even looked at Frontpage so i had a look through google and found this.

http://www.uwec.edu/help/Fpage03/for-textbx.htm

Should help

Comment

Thank you kindly W. I have downloaded the info. and will study it.

I must also fathom ot how to ensure I get email notifications when someone like you kindly replies to my posts

Gordon

My Site http://sionet.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Comment

There should be an option in your UserCP that allows you to receive instant notification of new posts.

Comment

As Wullie said, go to User CP, left upper side of the forum Home Page.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Email Notification.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	463090

Select Edit Options and then look at the locations the red arrows point to. Change the setting from a pulldown menu that the bottom arrow is pointing to.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you W. As you can see I manged to access my settings and add an Avatar.

I am a bit slow at the age of 73.

I tried out the instructions provided by the University of Wisconsin you suggested, but all I get is two boxes shown if you click below. This is presumably for conducting a form survey, whereas I only want to centre a block of simple text on screen. Perhaps my Front Page is setup different.

I have yet to fathom out how to insert images in this post.

http://www.gsweet.fsnet.co.uk/temp.htm

Gordon
            Last edited by GordonSweet; 13th April 2007, 12:20. Reason: Additions

Comment

Originally posted by GordonSweet View Post
              Thank you W. As you can see I manged to access my settings and add an Avatar.

I am a bit slow at the age of 73.

I tried out the instructions provided by the University of Wisconsin you suggested, but all I get is two boxes shown if you click below. This is presumably for conducting a form survey, whereas I only want to centre a block of simple text on screen. Perhaps my Front Page is setup different.

I have yet to fathom out how to insert images in this post.

http://www.gsweet.fsnet.co.uk/temp.htm

Gordon

I don't have Frontpage installed on my machine here but i do at home.

I'll have a go later and post up what i find.

Comment

1) [ATTACH]1400[/ATTACH] 2) [ATTACH]1401[/ATTACH]

3) [ATTACH]1402[/ATTACH] 4) [ATTACH]1403[/ATTACH]

Hope that gives you an idea on how to attache an image. Please do not use upload BMP as they are too big. Open the image in Paint and then save it as a JPG.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

For the benefit of other Amateurs like me in creating web sites, with the help of folks who look at the daily news pages I create, I have at last solved this problem. It appears the crazy young geeks who write the terrible help pages of this grossly over priced MS software cannot make up their mind as to the definition of a textbox. Incidentally have you ever noticed the number of times you search their wretched help files for something clearly shown on one of the many fiddly drop down menus, only to discover you cannot find it mentioned anywhere?

Now to most logically minded people a text box is a box into which you can insert text as occurs in Word and Power Point, and which you can move around to any position. Not so apparently with MS Front Page, where it kindly confuses you by also inserting a SUBMIT and RESET button for some obscure reason. Also there appears to be no way you can set the position of this strange box.

The way I solved the position with Front page is to click on Table / Layout Tables and Cells then select either the Table or Cell from the right-hand panel. You can insert text of graphics in such, change the size and move it to wherever you wish.

Gordon

Comment

Thank you very much for the update!
                    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                    X