Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing more than 1 Calendar across Network

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to share more than one calendar from one PC, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. What we're trying to do, is have our receptionist have her own, personal calendar, and also make another calendar that is shared across the network for all users (the clients have Outlook 2003, and we have Exchange 2003 as the server), where they can put in times/dates to book our conference room.

What I did was create an "additional calendar," as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2928...id=2520&sid=69

Then I made a test appointment on it, tried sharing the calendar, but it only seems to share her personal one from the other computers. For some reason it's not letting me "choose" which calendar I want to share. Even if I right-click and go through the sharing options, etc. For some reason, creating that new folder doesn't seem to be the right solution? Is "My Calendar" the only one, default calendar that could be shared?

I'm not so sure...does anyone have any incite on this one?

Thanks!

Sam

Re: Sharing more than 1 Calendar across Network

Why not use a public folder calendar?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I guess I could...the problem is no one in the company, really ever looks in the public folder. I could start telling them to open up the the folder and use the calendar to book in the conference room.

Should I make the calendar from Exchange server or from the receptionist's desk? I'd like to make the the receptionist the admin, who can monitor everything.

Sam

Comment

Have the receptionist make it.

You might also want to check out resource mailboxes a bit more:
        http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X