Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you copy folder only in outlook 2003?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you copy folder only in outlook 2003?

hi all,

Because i am going to create a new .PST (mine is getting pretty big). Is there anyway that we could copy folder name ONLY to a new .PST (im talking about over 20 folders + sub) i don't want to create it manually.

Mailbox (old)
    |
    folder 1 (200 emails)
    |
    folder 2 (200 emails)
    |
    etc.....

--copy--

Mailbox (new)
    |
    folder 1 (0 email)
    |
    folder 2 (0 email)

can we do that?

thanks....
    You'll live and you'll learn - Good advice costs nothing but it feel good, you learn something.

Re: How do you copy folder only in outlook 2003?

Make a copy of the pst (put away one of them) then open outlook and start deleting (ctrl+a > Shift+delete) If you have outlook 2003 you can create a search folder and delete them all in one shot.

I would compress after.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

or you can export your entire PST and filter for an obscure item such as emails received after 2010.

anyone think of any more ways....
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
        Make a copy of the pst (put away one of them) then open outlook and start deleting (ctrl+a > Shift+delete) If you have outlook 2003 you can create a search folder and delete them all in one shot.

I would compress after.
        Or you can use the Archive option: from the copied PST, archive all items till present day, into a PST file that you'll erase after that (you don't need it, you have the deleted items into the original PST file).
        Don't forget to give the PST files relevant names (for instance: ArchivedPST2Delete.pst), so you won't delete by mistake the wrong one.
        Just an idea.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -
        «««««

Comment

Working...
        X