Outlook 2000 sending e-mail to Junk folder when it's not supposed to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2000 sending e-mail to Junk folder when it's not supposed to

I have recently re-installed Outlook 2000 on a laptop, i was about to set up the Junk e-mail rules but when i entered the Rules section, the Rules were already set (from the user account i assume) It is doing a very good job of moving actual junk e-mail into the junk folder, but for some reason, it is also moving John Smith's email to the Junk Folder too

The the gist of the Rules i have set:

"Move email received from Junk senders list to Junk Folder"

I have checked that John Smith isn't in the Junk Senders list - he isn't

"Move email received from Adult Content senders list to Junk Folder"

I have checked that John Smith isn't in the Adult Contect Senders list - he isn't

"Ignore Rules for Exception list"

I have tried adding John Smith to the Exeption list, and i have even move that rule to the top, it doesn't work

I have even tried to set up a new rule saying "email received from John Smith, move to Inbox

that does not work either, i have also added John Smith to this emails contact list, but this has not been tested yet (and cannot be)

Any help before 5pm GMT today would be really, really helpful
    changed

Re: Outlook 2000 sending e-mail to Junk folder when it's not supposed to

Only one idea - in the 'email received from John Smith, move to Inbox' rule, have you checked 'and stop processing more rules'? Can't think of anything else, or why it should be happening at all if not in the junk senders list.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
      Only one idea - in the 'email received from John Smith, move to Inbox' rule, have you checked 'and stop processing more rules'? Can't think of anything else, or why it should be happening at all if not in the junk senders list.
      no, i'll give that a try and move it to the top of the list, i hope it'll work
      changed

Comment

Possibly a silly question, but can't you just add John Smith to the "safe senders list"?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello
          I assume you have exch 2003 and you are exch admin.

If you let all the emails to be delivered except really really spmmy email to go to the junk folder

From the Exchange system Manager

Global settings -> Message delivery -> properties -> Intelligent message filtering -> Set "Block messages with an SCL rating greater and or equal to" to 1 AND set "Move messages with an SCL rating greater than or equal to" to 1 -> OK.

Outlook does not know how to filter (except your exception list), it is exchange server which will tag each email with SCL rating and when outlook gets the tag it reacts accordingly as "Move messages with an SCL rating greater than or equal to" option.

Hopefully this will help.

Thx
          Last edited by hyeongkim; 20th March 2007, 19:29. Reason: syntax error
          MCP, MCSA+messaging, MCDBA, OCA.

Comment

Working...
          X