Default Outlook Client doesn't solve problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Outlook Client doesn't solve problem

My client is using Outlook 2000 SP3. As of Friday 3 weeks ago you can not send emails with attachments from Office programs by using the File Email Send as Attachment. It says to run Outlook and set it up as default mail client. I have done this already and this hasn't solved the problem.

Can any one help?

Re: Default Outlook Client doesn't solve problem

Originally posted by blondeastheycome View Post
    My client is using Outlook 2000 SP3. As of Friday 3 weeks ago you can not send emails with attachments from Office programs by using the File Email Send as Attachment. It says to run Outlook and set it up as default mail client. I have done this already and this hasn't solved the problem.

Can any one help?
    Check you Internet Settings (Internet Explorer). What is the default Email Program on the "Programs" tab?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Default IE settings under programs are Email: Microsoft Outlook

I googled the problem and everything I came up with told me to do that.... unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem

Comment

Sounds like elements of your user profile have become "read only". Log in as another user, and rename your profile (C:\documents and settings\<user name>) and create a new one by logging in with your original user. See if the problem still exists.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

This is a network wide issue with over 100 users. I'll try this on my network profile and see if that fixes it.
          Thanks

Comment

This is a network wide issue with over 100 users. I'll try this on my network profile and see if that fixes it.
            Thanks
            Well, perhaps had you mentioned this little tidbit before the help might have gone in a different direction... is there anything else you left out? Or do you inted to drip feed us the rest, too?

Tom

Comment

You know what you don't have to be rude about it. Being new at this I didn't think whether it was one or 1000 didn't matter as usually the solution is for all.

The server runs win 2000 and users login using Citrix

Anything else you need?

Comment

Do you use exchange as your email server??

What version of IE are you using??

Comment

You know what you don't have to be rude about it. Being new at this I didn't think whether it was one or 1000 didn't matter as usually the solution is for all.

The server runs win 2000 and users login using Citrix
                  Have they been using Citrix longer than 3 weeks? Do they access Outlook via Citrix?
                  ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi

Am using IE 5.0 and yes we are using exchange but also using MDaemon. None of our users are using OWA and Citrix Metaframe is accessed through tcp Yes we have been using Citrix for a couple of years now with no problems. Yes, Outlook is accessed through Citrix.

Comment

For those of you who have the same problem it miraculously fixed itself ...... well no not actually. Seems installing the lastest Windows and Office updates fixed the problem. Thanks to all that helped

Comment

For those of you who have the same problem it miraculously fixed itself ...... well no not actually. Seems installing the lastest Windows and Office updates fixed the problem. Thanks to all that helped
                        Excellent.

Thanks for posting back with a fix for your problem. It is very much appreciated and will surely help others in the future.

Comment

Working...
                        X