Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar and Inbox sharing without Exchange Server

Hi

i am rinning Microsoft Outlook 2003 with POP3 Account. i want to share my Inbox and Calendar with other User. Is this Possible without Exchange Server

Reply Please

Gurdeep Singh
    Gurdeep Singh
    www dot viennasolutions dot com

Re: Calendar and Inbox sharing without Exchange Server

Simple answer is "No".

There are third party products you can get like Workgroup Share (which I'm not exactly recommending!) or Kerio Mailserver (which I can recommend). But no, you can't share this with only Outlook as you have it.
    Last edited by PaulH; 27th February 2007, 20:24.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Hi

I am using Linux sendmail Server and Outlook As mail Client. but i not able to share calendar with outlook. is there any possibilty to for sharing outlook with sendmail.

Gurdeep Singh
      Gurdeep Singh
      www dot viennasolutions dot com

Comment

The people that you want to share your email / calendar with - do they use the same mail server?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Does Sendmail support IMAP4 -- if so, messages are left on the server and some sharing may be possible. Since I'm way out of my depth here, I'll defer to the penguins to give more details
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We are also trying to seek that topic in our working enviroment. I was not able to find open source (free) software to do that. My last trails was to install an open source CRM to have some calendar sharing.

This topic is still on our pending list, till we finish some more important things.

Anyone can share anything concerning this?
            Best regards,
            Mostafa Itani

Comment

Kerio Mailserver wil run on a Linux box (or Windows or Mac and it is not open souce) but it will allow you to share calendars, contacts and emails (if you have the password and are authorised). You can use Outlook with it or the very good Webmail interface too.
              Best wishes,
              PaulH.
              MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
              X