Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook prints in xx-small font. Sometimes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook prints in xx-small font. Sometimes.

Sometimes, with no pattern to it, when I print an email from Outlook 2003 in Memo style, it comes out on the page in incredibly small text. Unreadable.

I didn't worry about it too much - I hardly ever print anyway and usually it came out ok. But now, a client says she's got the same problem. Sometimes.

I say there is no pattern, and to back that up I can tell you that I emailed someone, he replied, I printed & it came out OK. Then I replied, he replied then I printed and it came out in tiny font! Same email conversation! So what I'm thinking is it can't have anything to do with html as opposed to plain text formatting.

We've tried resetting the memo style back to default, but the thing is, I've never changed the Memo style at all anyway.

Systems are: She's got an SBS2003R2 and Win XP Pro clients, all updated with latest Microsoft updates, so Office is up to date too. She's got an HP laser printer, I've got an Epson. Symptom does not always occur on the same PC. This morning, I had the same symptom, on a totally different LAN. When we print an email, all we do is click the printer icon in the toolbar - nothing else, we don't select a printer, change any settings or anything.

Has anyone else had this ?

Thanks,
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Re: Outlook prints in xx-small font. Sometimes.

No, but the first thing I was going to suggest was plain text vs HTML. It certainly sounds like a bug to me!

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

...and a very intermittent bug too. If I can possibly detect a pattern, it's going to help.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.

Comment

Could it be that your printer is scaling the job to fit on one page?
        Just a thought...
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Good thought, but one printout that was OK took 2 pages (so in theory it should have scaled if it had "decided" to), then the one that was tiny would also have needed 2 pages if it had used medium fonts sizes, so I couldn't identify a reason for scaling there. Thanks for your thoughts though.
          Best wishes,
          PaulH.

Comment

Working...
          X