Outlook prompting for location of Archive.pst

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook prompting for location of Archive.pst

I am running Outlook 2003 with Microsoft Exchange 2003, my users are logging into Citrix. I have a couple of users getting prompted for the location of their archive.pst file. The problem is that that file doesn't exist and I have disabled auto-archiving in Outlook but it is still asking for the location. Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

Matt Mullins

Re: Outlook prompting for location of Archive.pst

Originally posted by mmullins View Post
    I am running Outlook 2003 with Microsoft Exchange 2003, my users are logging into Citrix. I have a couple of users getting prompted for the location of their archive.pst file. The problem is that that file doesn't exist and I have disabled auto-archiving in Outlook but it is still asking for the location. Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

Matt Mullins
    It's prompting for the location, but if the file doesn't exist it will create it. You should look into whether these people are "getting" the policy which disables archiving in Outlook.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

It doesn't create the pst file. After I point it to the directory that I would like it to be created in, the message goes away but comes back a few minutes later. I just downloaded the ORK. So I will be getting the policy checked out.

Comment

I set the GP to disable auto archiving but it is still prompting for the location of the file..... ?

Comment

Working...
        X