Oultook 2003 date problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oultook 2003 date problem

Hi everyone, Im having a problem with outlook 2003 and the drafts folder. When a user creates a message and saves it in her drafts folder it is coming out with a date like 26/06/2001. Obviously this is wrong. Checked Date/Time on machine and thats fine. Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers

Re: Oultook 2003 date problem

May I also add the draft has not been send, it gives you a date when it should say none as it has never been sent.

Cheers

Comment

Is it always giving 26/06/2001 or is it a different date each time? Have you got the right columns displayed in the Drafts folder? Obviously if you're displaying "Received" instead of "Sent" it will show dates - but why would you have the "Date" column showing at all in the drafts folder? Isn't it irrelevant?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

No it is always showing the same date. The user wants the date field so she knows when she created the draft. I'ts not for my use, im just trying to fix it. It is the sent field and not the received, its should show you none instead of a date as it hasn't been sent anywhere.

Cheers

Comment

The default view for Drafts includes the Sent field. All my boxes show "None" here so I'm thinking even if you get this weird date resolved, you won't get what you are looking for. Try adding the Modified field to that view. It does the trick for me.

BTW, you can add the field by parking in Drafts then navigating the menu to
          View/Arrange By/Current View/Customize Current View/Fields/Select available fields from="Date/Time fields"
          Last edited by rvalstar; 1st December 2006, 08:40. Reason: added "how to"
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I don't know if this will help but you can actually customise the views.

Try right clicking on the Sent column and select Customize Current View.

Click on Format Columns then click on Sent.

Mine looks like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

None of above helps, the sent date sould show none as it has not been sent anywhere and will not be

Comment

And what did "Modified" show???
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                X