Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding public folder with Contacts to all users

Hi,

I've created a public folder with appropriate permissions which holds contacts. The contacts are meant to be accessed and used by all users. Users should be able to use these contacts as an Address book.

In order to do this they have to show all public folders, right click the public contacts folder, access it's properties and enable "Show this folder as an e-mail Address book" on the Outlook Address book tab.

Is it possible to centralize this process? I've found out which Registry key needs to be added, but the key's name is different for each user.

We're using Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2. Thanx in advance!
    MCSE 2003: Security

Re: Adding public folder with Contacts to all users

As far as I know, in EX2003 and OL2003, when you create a PF that holds Contact items it is automatically added to the user's address book lists.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

You should also check the order that address books are used in though. Go to the Address Book control at the top of the Outlook screen, then click "Tools...Options". At the bottom of the screen you'll see a list of address books; make sure the Global Address list is LAST otherwise all address resolving outside the GAL will fail.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks for your replies! Unfortunately, the public folder holding Contacts doesn't show up automatically in the address book list. I've checked the Event logs on both the Exchange server as the client, but no errors are listed.

I've made sure that the Global Address List is at the bottom of the order. Isn't this a per-user setting?
        MCSE 2003: Security

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to programatically add public folder contacts to a users address book? I'm using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 but it does not do so automatically. I have a Citrix application that uses Outlook APIs to send email but the users don't have the option of actually opening outlook to set the options. Group policies don't seem to do it, Custom Maintenance Wizard doesn't seem to do it, and profile wizard did not do it.

I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
          X